Athens, GA - USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
This is my first pool and I have never closed before. Do I have to close? I'm in the south and don't get super hard freezes (outside temp might get down to the teens at night for about a week or so). Can I leave my above ground pool uncovered with the filter connected and just run the pump on really cold nights? I do not have a heater.

We will probably close (once the water temp drops below 60 as TFP recommends) but I just wanted to know what my options were.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Lucky you!! I live in PA and so the idea of leaving the pool open is not an option unfortunately. I would say that if you get very little freezing temps you don't need to totally close the pool. I'd do as you are thinking, to keep running the pump and filter. I can't imagine that your water will freeze solid like mine does. I'm sure you'll get some advice from others who live in the south. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.