3" of rain, numbers all off now

There is no set numbers.
Your TA is in range, leave it alone.
Your pH is a little high, consider lowering it.
Your CYA is 20ppm, which is below the range, I previously recommended raising to 30-40ppm.

This is not rocket science. Nothing has to be exact ;)

Hey guys!

Numbers from testing tonight.

Besides adding some bleach, what else should I be doing? CYA still seems low, pH looks great since adding MA in. All of the Cyanuaric Acid has dissolved and given plenty of time to work in as well.

pH - 7.2
FC - 3
CC - 0
CH - 150
TA - 80
CYA - 20

*Updated my location as well. Couple of great pool stores nearby if there is a certain brand to look for of stabilizers.

Is there any brand of product you suggest for stabilizer to raise the CYA? All stabilizers the same?

Pool math says I need 4.5lbs.....thats a BIG sock!!

Can I pour right into the skimmer slowly? Took 4 days for the last batch of 1.5lbs to dissolve.

All the same. Cheap stuff from WalMart is just fine.

I don't recommend putting it into your skimmer, because it can stop up the filter. Then if you backwash before it's dissolved, you backwash all the stabilizer out.

I had to do four socks on mine. It took me a lot more than 4 lbs to raise CYA up to 70 in my pool. :)

Re: 3" of rain, numbers all off now

What is the optimum measure of CYA? Much easier to get FC up to level once CYA is there, than getting CYA up.

- - - Updated - - -

I may just bite the bullet and pay extra for the liquid.....pour right into pool like bleach and let the filter run, right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
40 is a good point for a non-salt pool, 70 or so for a salt pool. You don't have to be exact though. In fact, I'd shoot for 25-30 first, test to make sure you made that point, then raise a little more. You don't want to end up way too high.

4 days??? you need to squeeze it (the socks)) every once in a while to speed up the dissolve process. My 2 socks in front of returns took about 2 hrs to fully dissolve squeezing them every 15 minutes or so. A day later, it was fully seen on the cya test. Like Robbie said 30 might even be enough up there in your neck of the woods. The Lowes in Amherst has 3 lb bottles for <$14 they don't have any in stock in Nashua.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.