Am I SLAMing correctly?

coog61

Nov 6, 2009
Richmond, TX
Suddenly could not keep chlorine in the pool. Started SLAM yesterday with the following readings:

FC 1
CYA 60
TA 85
CC 0.5
Water clear

Added bleach and brought FC to 26 at 7p yesterday. Turned off SWG and ran pool overnight. At 6am had the following:

FC 27 (margin for error)
CC 0.5
Water is clear.

Good right? Next test at 6p today. FC = 10. What's up with this? Ok, it was partly cloudy and 95 deg. But, is it possible to lose so much so quick?
Do I need to raise it back up again and try again tonight?

Thanks.

Yep, with organics in the pool it is going to burn off FC very rapidly. That's why I recommend starting a SLAM on a day you can be home all day, since you might have to add bleach hourly. As you get through a day or two, it won't burn off quite so fast, so going to work is not an issue.

I would certainly raise it up again and do one more OCLT. Make sure you run the pump at least an hour after any bleach addition before you test at night and leave the pump running through all available pipes overnight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.