My waterfall pump went out a few weeks back. In the time that I was waiting for my new pump to come in, mice or a mouse, made the inside of the waterfall his home. I put poison in after seeing the droppings and after a day noticed some of the poison was gone.
Well, pump arrived and was installed but before I started the waterfall I inspected the interior holes of the waterfall only to find that the mouse hide died and maggots were everywhere. I left the waterfall off thinking that the maggots would turn to flies and then I could turn the waterfall back on. Well my wife turned on the waterfall today forgetting the maggots had not matured yet and they all spilled into the pool.......YUCK!
She is trying to use the net to get them out but says there are too many. My question is this, what is the best way to get them out? and are there any long term affects that I should be worried about?
Thanks for the help.