Pool timers - I want to install a timer, what would you recommend for my equipment?

Dec 18, 2013
Savage, Minnesota
I added the SWG and couldn't be happier but even running at 10% I can't get my chlorine below 7. So I am thinking I could run the pump and SWG at 10 to 12 hours a day and save some money and lower my chlorine in the process.

I spoke to my electrician and am looking at an outdoor mechanical timer. What timer would you recommend? Also am I ok with a timer just on the pump and not on the SWG or do I need them both on timers?

This site has been great only wish I had found it before my pool was built. But I did find it in time to quit using pucks when my CYA was at 70 and convert to SWG at the perfect time. My water is always crystal clear and only have to add salt and acid once in a while.

Hey calespool, :wave: I can't help on which timer is right for you but you can run them both off of their own timers I believe.

Congrats on crystal clear water!

I had two mechanical timers when all I had was a filter pump and a Polaris boost pump. I switched to a digital Intermatic last fall and added a swg this spring the one timer runs all of them- keeping perfect time (I always had a problem keeping the two mechanical timers synchronized). Yes, it was more expensive, but I enjoy knowing they all run exactly when I want them to now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.