Hard plumbing AG pool - Pentair EasyClean output connector

Jul 17, 2013
Massachusetts
Hi all

My pool was just installed and I wanted to hard plumb everything from the start. My Pentair EasyClean DE filter has an output connector that looks like it is specifically made for the flex hose.

Any recommendations on how to get this connected to PVC?

Thanks!

Not sure on what to suggest so lets see what others have to say... :bump:

What material is it?

While this iss not recommented, when I had to replace a sprinkler valve (threaded ports), I cut through it and unscrewed each side separately. I installed male adapters on the new valve and just put a big glob of cement on the old male adapters and set the new valve down.
In other words, glude an smooth bore onto a threaded pipe end.

If the materials are compatible, and the pipe size is snug enough, just glue it.

If that squigs you out - try a flex connector - a rubber cylinder with SS screw-down straps on each end. Again, either get a close size pipe, or - real plumbing supply stores carry adapter-type connectors - one end is one diameter, the other another.

I do hope you plan on burying the pipe and bringing it up IMMEDIATELY next to the pool - I fear what will happen if someone bumps a pipe connected to a soft, flexible pool liner.

Can you install a ridged panel to the frame, and put the connectors through that panel?

So I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me to the pool store where I purchased the pool. There is in fact a proprietary PVC connection that replaces this hose connection. And luckily for me the store had one on hand which they gave me! So for this case I should be all set. I have to say thought that this proprietary stuff is a real hassle. Thanks for the replies

When dealing with proprietary stuff:

But spares while they are still in production.

We have another thread with someone wanting to remove the cut-off pipe from a SWG fitting because the new ones are a different diameter.

MUCH better to buy and not use than to not buy and need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.