Bobby from the side:
side.jpg

Bobby's "mechanics":
mechanics.jpg

Hey, you can see the drain:
(Bobby's insecure)
drain.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so confused right now. You named your pool Bobby? Is there a story behind this? I imagine so...and I'm curious...

Anywho, I can sure see Bobby's drain.

I'm also curious about the armor around bobby's motor...

I named Bobby because of this.

The armor was there when I moved in. The sprinkler pump has the same cover over it. It's to make the pump less of an eye sore. If the pump motor produced a lot of heat, I would be concerned about it, but it does not produce a lot of heat.

haha, I was expecting a little less sanity than that. Is bobby short for hayward?

armor: I wonder if someone had a dog.... I had a buddy whose dog managed to destroy an HVAC unit with his jaws of death.

No, Bobby is not short for Hayward. Hayward is my old pool cleaner, lol.

Well, I did find a dog toy right under some dirt in the backyard...But I honestly think it is there because my landlord likes the house to look nice (this house is a rental). He is always improving aspects of the house.

That's a good name for a pool "Bobby". Going to name my pool "Jimmy" after the Seinfeld character. You know..."Jimmy doesn't like bugs in his water!"..."Jimmy likes big waves!"..."Jimmy doesn't like to be too cold!"..."Jimmy likes to be a Trouble Free Pool!"

I'm so confused right now. You named your pool Bobby? Is there a story behind this? I imagine so...and I'm curious...

Anywho, I can sure see Bobby's drain.

I'm also curious about the armor around bobby's motor...

My mom said that our landlord actually installed the covers a year after we moved in. I never noticed. Our landlord said that water was getting into the sprinkler pump motor, or rusting it. She couldn't remember exactly. I guess he thought that the pool pump was also at risk.

I assumed it was for looks, because the deck it sits on, and the return jet pipe are painted the same color. Our pool deck, driveway, and air conditioner deck are also painted. Our landlord has been improving the aesthetics of the house constantly throughout the past years we've lived here.

I would also like to add this picture which has been added to the slideshow on the homepage:
IMG_20140724_095845.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.