Booster pump flexible pipe

jprimo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2011
Austin Tejas
I have a hayward booster pump to supplement the normal pump for the polaris pool cleaner that runs an hour each night (probably overkill?). It has since started leaking and I had to bypass it to get it on the workbench. The current connection to the booster pump uses flexible polaris tube that have these goofy plastic snap lock that bind these connections like a constipated gorilla. I was able to get them off, but had to cut on end to do so. Question is - are these the best pipe/tubing option for these booster pumps since they allow for flexing under higher/peak pressure? Or will sched40 PVC be better? I do not look forward to using these dang connectors again, but it they are the best ones for the job then I will move forward with this option.

I'm interested also. I was playing with my return valve yesterday and put full pressure to my steps so the kids would be warmer with the heater going. Boom! The twist connector going to the polaris blew off and flooded my pad. I guess it was too much backpressure putting all the water into my steps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.