Glacier pool cooler question

cjs

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2014
Cypress, TX
I am in Houston, TX and have the same problem with summer water temperature as many on here have discussed. I am very close to pulling the trigger on a glacier cooler.

I know it's expensive, and I've read about and tried the pvc fountain method. I just can't get the results I want and I don't like the look of Pvc pipes and sprayers around my pool.

So, my question is for anyone who has had a Glacier Cooler for a while. I was told by one company that he doesn't install them as he has been told the sump pump goes out frequently creating maintenance headaches.

Can anyone agree or disagree with this?

Can anyone offer any endorsements that have used these coolers for a couple seasons?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig,
I've been looking at the Galcier as well. The weak link is definitely the sump pump, fortunately industrial grade sump pumps aren't that hard to come by in the event the stock pump fails.

Chris

Hi CJS,

I don't personally own a Glacier pool cooler, however our company is one of the largest Glacier Pool Cooler retailers in the US and we have not experienced an abundance of warranty issues, no more than with any of the heat pump lines we carry. The only issue I would say that we have encountered is if there is a warranty issue outside of the main areas the coolers are sold (AZ, TX, NV, OK, LA, FL, etc..) then it can be hard to find a warranty service station, however since you are in Houston this would not be a problem. I think a lot of times if a builder is not familiar with a product or have only used it several times then they are quick to make negative judgements. I would feel comfortable recommending the Glacier line of chillers.

I purchased and am trying out the sprayers at arcticraincoolers.com. I can't tell yet if they are effective, and some say in humid environments, run them during the day...others say run them at night regardless. I haven't found the answer yet.

I was close to convincing myself to spend the money on the Glacier, but the install cost was anywhere from about $500, up to $800 with good never lube valves. Figured I'd try out the cheap approach first.

Chris,
As a fellow humidity loving Houstonian, have you found any effective means to cool your pool short of the $2000+ expense?

Thanks for the comments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.