Differences between what the pool store recommends

Jul 11, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
I am curious as to why the differences between what the pool store recommends for the various levels compared to the recommendations on this site. The pool store follows the standards set by the national bodies for pools. I've looked through the different forums and did not see anything talking about why the recommendations are different from pool store. If I missed the threads please let me know and I will read them.

Re: TFPC for Beginners

I am curious as to why the differences between what the pool store recommends for the various levels compared to the recommendations on this site. The pool store follows the standards set by the national bodies for pools. I've looked through the different forums and did not see anything talking about why the recommendations are different from pool store. If I missed the threads please let me know and I will read them.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/558-Pool-Water-Chemistry

It gets technical, but there's a chart and some explanation that shows the amount of active OCl ions relative to the CYA levels.

The pool store follows the standards set by the national bodies for pools.
There really are not any national bodies for pools that set any standards for sanitizing. The standards bodies mainly deal with construction and physical safety issues. Generally individual pool stores follow recommendations set by their chosen supplier of chemicals.

by the national bodies for pools.
+1 what Tim said....there isn't one.

Throughout TFP, you will read that we suggest certain levels that good science and practical experience has taught us fall within safe ranges.

Further reading of posts here will draw you to the inescapable conclusion that these guidelines work.......in thousands and thousands of pools worldwide.

You may or may not choose to use these methods and guidelines or you may use some and not others. Our goal is to teach you what has been proven time and time again and then let you use that information to your benefit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.