Looking to switch from Nature2 to SWG...Looking for Advice

Jul 11, 2014
Warwick NY
Hello TFP!!

I am a new member to this website, and have to say I am thoroughly impressed with the incredible knowledge of the members on this site. I have a 2 year old pool and have read a lot of negative information about the Nature2 mineral system. I am currently seeing some rust looking color in the pool which I believe if from the Nature2 system. Pool water is clear and current readings are as follows:

FC=1.2
PH=7.8
CH=240
CYA=50
TA=100

Looking to get rid of Nature2 and was looking at SWG...

Does anyone have a good recommendation on a good reliable unit?

Thanks in advance for the support!!

Hi, welcome to TFP! I personally can't recommend a good SWG, but most of the major brands perform well. If you have a majority of one brand of equipment on your pool you may want to stick with options within that brand, since you are more likely to be able to get parts serviced locally if there are any warranty issues.

Until you make the switch drop your pH down to 7.0-7.2 range. If you have an old empty nature 2 cartridge swap that out with the one in there now and raise your FC to the target level of 4-8 ppm. You need to have your water tested for metals. The only way to deal with metals in the water is to drain and refill or use a sequestrant. When you switch away from the Nature 2 you will need a high quality FAS/DPD test kit such as the Taylor K2006 or the TF 100 . Either of these kits will allow you to test your water and insure consistent results so you can add only what your pool needs to stay sanitized and sparkling.

Please edit your signature to include information about the pool such as pool type (above ground or in ground), surface (vinyl, plaster, or fiberglass), size in gallons, pump brand and horsepower, filter type (sand, DE, or cartridge), filter brand and size, and any water features, cleaning systems, and if there is a spa (attached or detached). It will show up at the bottom of everything you post and it is easier for us to help you if we don't have to search the thread for this information.

Thanks for the information. My signature had errors in it which is why it did not appear. It should be good now.

Main equipment is Jandy

PS6 controller, but from reviews, it appears the Hayward aquarite performs better than the Jandy version. I am also noticing a lot of people using stenner pumps for Bleach addition to their pool instead. Any of those able to work with the Jandy PS6?

Thanks again

Pierre

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.