My level are good why is my water still cloudy?

When you used Pool Math did you enter the strength (%) of the bleach, the "now" FC level and then 16 (or maybe 18) for the target ??

Do you remember where you were at before you added the 150oz ?? What strength bleach are you using ??

Sounds like you have a round pool. Click on the Pool Math link and at the bottom of the page, use the pool volume estimator to calculate the volume. Select round in the pool shape drop-down. Then put in the length of the pool and the actual water depth. Measure both with a ruler or tape measure, unless you know the length. Plug those in and you'll have a better pool volume number to use for Pool Math.

Bad news i was counting my blessings with the rain, but its Houston and its been raining nonstop for almost an hour with strong wind( meaning I'm going to have a lot of debris in my pool from neighbor's tree) so i'm testing after it stops raining hopefully soon

I feel your pain. Its been raining in the Sunshine State for a week now. Fortunately I was able to get ahead of the algae in my pool a couple weeks ago when I came to TFP. Stick with it and you will be happy you did. Dont let the weather get in the way of the SLAM, and do your best to keep the debris out of the pool, as it will add organic material to help eat the chlorine. My pool hasn't been this clear in a long time.

I feel your pain. Its been raining in the Sunshine State for a week now. Fortunately I was able to get ahead of the algae in my pool a couple weeks ago when I came to TFP. Stick with it and you will be happy you did. Dont let the weather get in the way of the SLAM, and do your best to keep the debris out of the pool, as it will add organic material to help eat the chlorine. My pool hasn't been this clear in a long time.
Thank you, yes a big branch feel in the pool, luckily it came out in one piece so just a few leaves.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, what is your CYA level now? Put that in PoolMath and follow the recommended minimum and target FC levels and never let the FC drop below the min #.

If you have questions, post back and someone will be along to help.

Once FC drops below 10, I suggest you retest everything :smile:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.