Top of Steel wall pool exposed

Jun 12, 2014
Hauppauge, NY
I just replace the liner to my inground pool. In order to replace the old curved coping with the new extruded coping (for future pavers) I had to remove the first row of existing brick from around the pools edge. Now that the new coping is installed I have the issue of having the top surface of the steel walls exposed because the brick is no longer there. Most people would say to just put the brick back which was removed; the issue is if I put the brick back around the edge of the pool it is no longer secured in place by the old style coping. This would allow the brick to fall into the pool if anyone was to bang into it with their toe. Is it safe to leave the top of the steel wall exposed (worried about rusting and what not). The original game plan was to get pavers installed around the pool, this was until we got 3 estimates all in the 16k range. Next thought was to maybe just get bullnose coping installed around the pool (guessing approx 4k) until we can afford the rest of the pavers.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated

I would cover the top of the steel wall. It looks to me like someone could accidentally slice a toe or finger or something else on the edge of the steel if it is not covered. You aren't alking about putting loose brick there on the edge are you? That obviously wouyld not be good, but if the bricks are mortared in, that should keep them secure. Or the bullnose coping could be a good idea. At any rate, I would not leave the top of the steel uncovered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.