Thermometers

Suzie

Jun 23, 2014
Rochester NY
I have a pool THERMOMETER and I don't think the reading is correct. It is one just like this blue_scoop_thermometer.jpg. I have it under the water about 6 inches and the reading on it always seems warmer than the water feels. :eek: are theses kinds of THERMOMETERS accurate? Thanks.

I would compare it to some other thermometer. If nothing else you could take it inside and put it next to your house thermostat. Give it a couple of hours to settle down and then compare the reading to what the thermostat says.

I have a pool THERMOMETER and I don't think the reading is correct. It is one just like this View attachment 31202. I have it under the water about 6 inches and the reading on it always seems warmer than the water feels. :eek: are theses kinds of THERMOMETERS accurate? Thanks.

It is possible that we relate a temperature reading to an air temperature that we feel with our body. I think, but am not sure, that a water temperature when compared to an air temperature will always feel cooler because water conducts heat away from our skin/body more readily than air does. Let us know if the thermometer is accurate

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.