Possible Clog or break in return jet?

Jun 14, 2011
New Jersey
So guys, When I opened my pool up I noticed that one of the return jets/pipes going back to the pool from filter was not shooting out water, the other 4 are working just fine. I am worried that pipe might have frozen and broke over the winter ? is there an easy way to verify this? I thought a clog might be possible but don't really see how one of these could get clogged. I did pull out the end today and tried to make some movement to see if anything would come out and I did get some debris and a leaf but generally without this I do not see anything coming out. I have this bladder thingy I got from HD last year that shoots out water under pressure that I used to unclog my hot tub drain last year but I afraid to use it here. Could I turn off my filter and try to use that going from pool back to the filter direction? going the other way I am not sure I can get enough pressure since it will split into 5 pipes at some point going to all the returns. Also If the pipe is broken what will all the pressure do, can I create more problems ?
If this is something involved I would rather wait till end of season to make any major repairs so I can keep my pool going for the summer.

Now I am uncertain of myself, was in the pool looking at it and I realized there is a auto fill valve right above that return line few feet from pool's edge. I could have sworn there was water coming from there last year but now I don't know :) anyway I can verify?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.