Nut BulkHead Adapter Broken - Need Long Term Solution

Jun 27, 2014
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hello. I need some help on a long term solution for a current broken piece in my pool equipment. My bulkhead in the filter area was broken and leaking. I bought a new one, but couldn't get the nut off. The nut on the adapter was stuck on the old broken bulkhead - I needed to get it off. I tried everything I could. Finally, I gave in and sawed it off. I bought a new nut. Once I had the new nut though, I couldn't get it around the bulkhead adapter (black piece in attached pic). Then for whatever reason, I tested the new nut out by screwing it onto the new bulkhead, not in the correct place, and guess what? The new nut got stuck. So, I sawed this one off. The benefit of having it sawed of is that I can get it around the black bulkhead adapter correctly, but in needs the metal clamp to be secure on not leak. The metal clamp is a good temporary solution, but if I buy one final nut, how can I get it around the bulkhead adapter? It looks like the pvc pipes are all connected with glue and I worry about messing up this situation further. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks so much!

Brian

unnamed.jpg

Welcome to TFP!

To fully fix that you need to cut the pipe, put on the new nut, and then re-glue the pipe. Personally, I would leave your current work around in place until something actually fails again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.