I'm a bonehead

bproosow

Bronze Supporter
Apr 8, 2014
Auburn, CA
Went out to test the pool this morning. Added some chlorine and topped off the water a little bit. Fast forward to late this afternoon when my next door neighbor informed me that his backyard was flooded. :-x So, to top up an inch on my pool, I ran the water for probably 6 hours. I'm an idiot.

I'm pumping it off right now. I don't actually need any advice. I just need sympathy. LOL Wish me luck.

The production on my well is critically low so I cannot really afford to mistakenly leave the hose on for more than a few of hours.

I purchased a water driven timer (any HD or Lowes) that the input screws into the spigot and your hose goes into the output. A round knob on the face allows you to choose how long you want the water to run. Mine was about $12 and the quality isn't great but it has lasted 2 seasons so far. Worth it in my case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.