Question about TA

tcasto

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 25, 2013
Bucks County PA
Hi and thanks so much for being here.

I added MA yesterday to lower my PH from 7.8 so I can eventually add Borax to help stabilize the numbers and get that sparkly water thing going on.
My TA before adding MA was 90 - This morning it is 90, possibly 95 - it took an extra drop to get the sample to truly turn red. At 9 drops it was pale pink.

1.How is it possible that the TA would stay the same, even rise after adding MA yesterday? The PH did drop to 7.0-7.2

2. I didn't think it would have anything to do with the stabilizer I added yesterday to raise my CYA - but could it?

3. Is it ok for the kids to swim with the PH so low? Should I ban them until it goes up a bit from aeration, or make them part of the process?;)

As much as I would love to tinker with PVC pipe and build my own :p , I am heading out to pick up a fountain to aerate.
Numbers this morning:
FC 2.5 CC 0 PH 7.0-7.2 TA 95? I did not bother checking CYA today - since I just added stabilizer in the sock yesterday.
Last time I checked CYA 45-50
I have a SWG set at40% run time 8 hours a day

1. One MA addition may not be enough to lower the TA beyond the accuracy of the test.
2. No
3. It is fine, might be a little irritating to the eyes. They can help you aerate to get the pH back up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.