cloudy water coming from jets

Jun 11, 2014
Monroe
Hi everyone,

I am a new pool owner (new to the home, 7 year old pool)..I posted recently about balancing the water and you were all very helpful! Now, I have a question about our filter. Today, the pool jets started to pump out white, cloudy water and a cloudy film started to accumulate above the jets. Does anyone know why this is, or how to fix it? We have a Sta-Rite filter system (pictured below), and the psi is at around 10 right now -- I'm not sure if that is relevant or not.

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 43
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 43
No.. in the past few days we switched from using a chlorine tablet feeder to pouring liquid chlorine directly into the pool. We haven't put anything else in the pool and that's the only change we have made. Should I turn the filter off? The whole pool is slowly being covered with a foamy film now.

You probably purchased some designer bleach -- splashless, high efficiency, scented, something.

The thickeners cause foam. It will go away when you use normal plain bleach.

That's it then...I didn't realize some of the bleach I bought was high efficiency. I didn't clean the cartridge ever yet, so I think it must be the bleach. Is the extra suds harming my equipment or pool in any way? Will it fix itself if I just keep running the filter?

Thanks for your help!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.