southern PA pool install

Jun 8, 2014
York, PA
I just wanted to give a break down of the costs for my pool install in southern PA.

The pool
I got the pool at Leslie's pool supply. Its the embassy ambassador buttress free oval 30x15. Original price was $4400 but with the memorial day sale it came to $3600 with the upgraded liner. I bought it as a kit. So the leader filter pump skimmer and everything to get started was included. It took about 2 weeks to come in. I had to pick it up at the store.

The dig
I have a big slope in my yard. I had a farmer I know dig the slope out so we were within 5-6" of level. I threw him $200 for his time and fuel. He also let m use his trailer to get the 5 tons of sand the installers wanted. $30 a ton.

The install
I thought I may be able to handle this myself. But after reading here I realized it was to much for me to handle. I worked some overtime to pay for a company to install it. $1300. Its a half day job for them. Where im guessing it would have taken me at least 2 weekends.

Water
the pool is 12000 gallons. And with my budget already shot I didn't think I could get a truck load. I was surprised when I called it was only $195 for 6000 gallons. So I got one truck. The rest will come from my hose.

Electric
the pump is 100 feet from my panel. I got an estimate for $1100 I think that's a fair price. Not that I even have a dollar left for this. Lol the trenchant was $650 and the rest was $450. My plan is to run off an extension cord for a bit unfilled I can rent a trencher and do that myself. I will still pay the electrician for the wiring part

Permit
the permit in my borough was $179.

Wit the slope I needed a fence on the short side of the pool. I got it off amazon for $200.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.