Ready to jump in and drown in my swamp

Edge said:
Pool has come a long way this last week since I had to wait a few days for the test kit and pool went back to a full grass green bloom. I wasn't seeing too much results until yesterday morning.

But now my new question. I have run out of DPD reagent (did a lot of testing :oops: ) and need to get some more at the PS (Leslie's). Will these chemicals worktogether with the TR100 that I have, or should I just get their DPD kit? I really need to take measurements today or risk going back to a full bloom tomorrow.

Any (more) advice?

The Leslies Kit uses TAylor reagents, just like TF-100 so you should be fine.

It looks much better EDGE!! Have you backwashed since using the Alum? If there any residude left on the pool floors from the (that) Alum can be used again. Just raise the pH to 7.8, shock and, leave the pump on overnight. The pool floor will need a brushing again... if theres any debre like leaves & grass, scoop it out before brushing. :-D

Nasty90 said:
It looks much better EDGE!! Have you backwashed since using the Alum? If there any residude left on the pool floors from the (that) Alum can be used again. Just raise the pH to 7.8, shock and, leave the pump on overnight. The pool floor will need a brushing again... if theres any debre like leaves & grass, scoop it out before brushing. :-D

Having re-read the posts, I see no indication that Edge used your recommendation for Alum.... :scratch:

Just got back home after leaving for work at 6:00 am. It is now 8:30, give or take a minute. I am testing and will backwash and hopefully get a pic out tomorrow.

Thanks for the interest and advice!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Edge,

What is your daily routine now with your dosing and testing?

Did you meet the three criteria to stop shocking your pool and start maintenance doses?

Sorry if these seem like too simple questions, but sometimes we get a member to the "my pool is sparkly and balanced stage" and forget to talk to them about the daily maintenance that will keep their pool that way! :-D

Just double-checking! :wink:

I am working my way down to mainenance right now. Do I need to be concerned with anything in particular or do I just let my FC levels drop as i get to maintenance? :?:

Edge said:
I am working my way down to mainenance right now. Do I need to be concerned with anything in particular or do I just let my FC levels drop as i get to maintenance? :?:

I am assuming you have met the criteria to be done shocking and you are letting your FC drift down to maintenance levels.

Once you reach your target FC maintenance level based on your CYA, you should test DAILY for FC & pH and adjust every evening as needed. And remember not to let your FC fall below the minimun FC for your CYA. :wink:

Once your water clears, if you want to post a full set of #'s, we'll peruse them with you.

Great job on your pool! Of course, we'd like to see a pic of sparkly water, too!

If your pool is not sparkly yet, I would suggest keeping the pool at shock level. :whip:

So there is my question... do I want to keep it at shock level until sparkling or until I am losing no FC overnight while cloudy? I really have come too far to lose it back to green now. I read differing opinions and don't want to waste money, yet I want to do it right. Of course everyone will have their opinions so I am willing to listen to all and glean (old word of the day) the wisdom that is there.

There are different opinions about how long to stay at shock level. If your FC level remains exactly the same overnight with a FAS-DPD chlorine test, I would go ahead and let the FC level start to come down from shock level. But others prefer to stay at shock level for another day or three to be totally sure.

Edge said:
So there is my question... do I want to keep it at shock level until sparkling or until I am losing no FC overnight while cloudy? I really have come too far to lose it back to green now. I read differing opinions and don't want to waste money, yet I want to do it right. Of course everyone will have their opinions so I am willing to listen to all and glean (old word of the day) the wisdom that is there.

I really like chemgeeks's criteria:

The process is complete when:
A. You hold FC loss to 1.0 or less overnite
B. Your CC's test .5 or less
C. Your water is sparkling

OK, still being patient but I have a question. I am still not spakling clear yet. Are we going to hurt anything by swimming? We are to have temp's in mid to high 80's this week and would love the respite the pool offers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.