Installing Pool Near Hill, Should I Install a Retaining Wall?

kris77

May 27, 2014
Clarksburg, WV
Welcome to TFP!:wave: I started a new Thread for your post as it may have gotten lost in the original thread on pool owners who have never SLAMmed their pool . Please start a new Thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on an existing thread covering another subject (we call that practice "hijacking"). Plus, posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses and gives your question the attention it deserves. --BoDarville, TFP Moderator

My brand new pool has never been SLAM'ed! I'd like to keep it that way! :mrgreen:

This looks similar to the site where I will install our first pool. I'm going to have to dig back in the bank quite a bit as well. I was planning on a retaining wall or something to keep the hillside from sliding in, but I see you don't have anything there. Seems to work OK for you? Do you have any kind of french drain back there? Anyone else have a similar setup that can offer advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Kris. Here is the link to my entire build. I ultimately decided against the retaining wall and drainage isn't or wasn't an issue before the pool was ever put up. It's a very good read and emotionally charged with drama based on real life with my crazy humor. I hope you enjoy it and can slay your hillside like I've slayed mine. I don't know where in WV you are but I'm in SWPA and we got some hills! Mine is clay.

We are very close. I'm in Brownsville PA. Can you post pics of your site? I'd love to see it as would others! We love pics!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.