Dirty water coming out main retuns on high speed

When I change pump speeds from low to high, dirty water comes out the 2 main return jets for a few seconds. The dirty water is light brown or sandy colored and dissipates quickly. This is after the pump has been running on low speed for a while. I have a newly installed Pentair Superflo 2pseed pump and a Hayward sand filter. The filter sand was replaced last year and has been backwashed within the last week. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ben

When I change pump speeds from low to high, dirty water comes out the 2 main return jets for a few seconds. The dirty water is light brown or sandy colored and dissipates quickly. This is after the pump has been running on low speed for a while. I have a newly installed Pentair Superflo 2pseed pump and a Hayward sand filter. The filter sand was replaced last year and has been backwashed within the last week. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ben
Probably the nature of the beast. A cumbersome way to fix it might be to go to "rinse" on high and then switch to "filter" when you change to low speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.