buglogger

Jun 16, 2012
Marydel, DE
[COLOR="08000"] Welcome to TFP I started a new thread for your post. Please start a new Thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on someone else's Thread (we call that practice "hijacking"). Plus, posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses. --duraleigh, TFP Moderator[/COLOR].

I am having a similar issue - my pool was a swamp, so I got the filter up and running, and added bleach to shock level. Overnight it went from nasty green to cloudy blue, so I was hopeful that the pool would be sparkling clear in no time. However, I've had the filter running 24/7 (and backwashing as pressure indicates) and keeping chlorine level at "normal" levels, and brushed the pool down, but it's still that cloudy blue. Not sure where to go from here - my current numbers are:
ph 7.4
FC 8
TA 80
CYA 0

As always, I appreciate the amount of help available on this site! This will be the third season I've used the BBB method, and I've never looked back!

Re: Another Cloudy Pool Quest

You should do the same as RIchard suggested about OCLT

You need to add stabilizer. WIth CYA of 0, you cannot maintain any decent FC level during the daytime. The sun will quickly burn if off and you NEED that FC to kill off the bad guys
To start, aim for a Target of CYA of 30, Use this number to adjust your FC. Then complete the SLAM. Hopefully you are using a recommeneded test kit?

The slam is complete when
1. The OCLT is passed.
2. CC is less than 0.5
3. You can see the bottom of the pool.

When those are met, you can bring Your CYA and FC to recommended levels. It may take several more days of filter to get it crystal clear.

I am having a similar issue - my pool was a swamp, so I got the filter up and running, and added bleach to shock level. Overnight it went from nasty green to cloudy blue, so I was hopeful that the pool would be sparkling clear in no time. However, I've had the filter running 24/7 (and backwashing as pressure indicates) and keeping chlorine level at "normal" levels, and brushed the pool down, but it's still that cloudy blue. Not sure where to go from here - my current numbers are:
ph 7.4
FC 8
TA 80
CYA 0

As always, I appreciate the amount of help available on this site! This will be the third season I've used the BBB method, and I've never looked back!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.