Stacking pavers?

May 14, 2014
Louisville, Ky
My husband and I are having a heck of a time getting our yard ready for our new pool. We purchased an Intex 14' x 42" Ultra Frame, which is going in our extremely unleveled back yard. Our most recent issue is that we placed the pavers and made them flush with the ground before putting down the foam. My question is could we stack additional pavers using liquid nails or something similar so that they will be level with the foam? If not, we will have to dig down 2" more so the foam board is flush with the pavers or add dirt back under the pavers to raise them back up.

Welcome to TFP!

You can stack the pavers, with or without the liquid nails. Adding dirt back under them is asking for the pavers to sink a bit, causing your pool to go out of level.

As you are getting ready to fill your pool, start reading in Pool School, linked in the upper right of every page here. This will give you a heads-up on the best, least expensive pool care available!

Thanks for the input. Adding dirt under the pavers was my very last choice, but a choice nonetheless. My greatest concern with stacking the pavers was that they wouldn't be level and would possibly shift under the weight of the pool. The bottom paver would be firmly planted in the ground, but the top one wouldn't. Hence why I thought of an adhesive.

Richard 320, do you think the glue will cause the pavers to be unleveled? The bottom is already 100% leveled, but I was afraid the glue, depending on how thick, would cause the top one to be off, thus requiring us to reset the bottom paver. This is the first "real" pool we have set up so I am anal that it be done correctly!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.