Intermatic P1353ME w Dual-Speed Pump Question

IanB13

May 21, 2013
Just installed a Dual Speed pump and looking to take advantage of that feature when I install a digital timer (P1353ME). My question is: how does this work? I can't imagine this timer steps down the voltage. What is the interface that allows the pump to run at low vs high speed?

Interestingly (or maybe not), I was not expecting a toggle switch on the new pump (WhisperFlow WFDS-26) but it showed up with one. Currently hooked up to my old mechanical timer, but the toggle doesn't seem to do anything.

The installation/owners manuals for both are pretty worthless in describing the installation and operation.

Your input much appreciated

The pump has three inputs, common, low, and high. When power is applied across common and low it runs at low speed. When power is applied across common and high it runs at high speed. You can find a wiring diagram on a metal plate attached to the pump motor.

With a P1353ME you normally use two circuits in mode 2, wiring circuit #1 to high and circuit @2 to low on the pump. You can then program when you want each speed to run on the timer.

Keep in minad that most people don't every need to use high speed on a timer. You only need high speed on the timer if you have a pool cleaner powered by the main pump, a solar system, or some water feature that you want to run on a schedule every day. Other than those situations you typically use a timer to determine on/off and use the manual switch to change speed, leaving the switch on low speed nearly all the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.