Hayward Star Clear - worn out?

May 7, 2014
France
Hi everyone,

I have a Hayward Star Clear C1200 cartridge filter for my pool, which I have had trouble free for the last 6 years. This year, I am unable to get the water in my pool clear. The pressure in the filter is not getting as high as I'm used to. I bought a new cartridge, but this did not help.

So my question is - is it possible that the housing for the filter is worn out and the water is somehow bypassing the cartridge? I can't think of any other reason. I have inspected everything, and can find nothing broken, no cracks and no obvious signs of wear.

I don't think it relevant, but the pool is 11m x 5m (about 90m3), the pump is 1.5HP, and I have tried clarifying tablets - which normally do the trick if it's a bit cloudy at the start of the season.

Any help or suggestions appreciated, I would like to explore all avenues before buying a new filter.

David

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.