Need an inexpensive tank for your LC system?

Jul 5, 2011
Northern NJ
As I collect the parts for my system I thought I'd pass along a couple tips on acquiring components at a lower cost.

Chlorine storage:
I first checked a suggested Brewers' supply site for a low cost tank. However, they were out of stock. Ebay had some nice drums but shipping was prohibitive.

I then checked Craigslist and searched on the term "drum". In the NY/NJ/CT area there are several people who sell a diverse array of tanks, barrels, totes and drums. The prices are much less expansive than other online options, including Stenner.

I settled on an HDPE, 20 gallon drum used for Ginger Ale concentrate. Cost was $25.

Connecting nuts, ferrules, tubes etc:

I also purchased a Stenner pump on Craigslist and needed the ferrules and connecting nuts. The prices are a bit expensive and the shipping is typically outrageous. After some research I found a site, Farmboy AG, where the prices are very reasonable, items are sold individually (as opposed to 10 or 20 packs) and they agreed to ship via USPS for $3.00. This saved me quite a bit. http://www.farmerboyag.com/pc_combined_results.asp?tab=product&search_prod=%28%28searchlike~p.sku~stenner|Or|searchlike~p.nm~stenner|Or|searchlike~p.ds~stenner%29%29&search_keyword=stenner

Tubing:
Purchased PE tubing at Home Depot. Twenty feet of 3/8" cost a bit over $3.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.