Hello :D

I'd toss every piece toy, brush, rake, or pool net that may enter the water into the pool now as well. Let them soak in a few minutes of a good clean chlorine bath. :D

Make sure you're brushing often!

Day 5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
yny2upa4.jpg
madevape.jpg

Before changing the sand preform an OCLT. If you're still losing more than 1PPM FC overnight there's still Baqua-goo in the water. Don't change the sand until it's all gone.

Actually my OCLT has been high 2 days in a row...I had performed the test and didn't get a color change...added more chlorine...same thing happened ...added more chlorine...after some investigating I discovered that if there is a pink to clear change it means levels are high and you need to add another scoop of powder to perform the test. Just wanted to put that out there so that nobody else makes the same dumb mistake that I did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'd suggest a timeout. Those photos show a so-so clear pool. I think you still may have baqua-goo making your water cloudy.

Did you preform an OCLT??? What are your current FC and CC levels?

Don't quit early, as it can lead to more work down the line.

It's very easy to get excited about the water when switching from baquacil. I can assure you however from the photos there's still a ways to go. The bottom step still is cloudy, as is the second. Once finished you'll be able to toss a coin in the deep end and read hades or tails.

The photos may not do the clarity justice, however please take a hard look at the water. Don't give up early as it will lead to a green pool later. A set of your recent CC results and a OCLT will give us clues on if you're ready to add chlorine only at night to start saving some cash.

Here's a shot from our conversion on day 8. We kept going and was rewarded with even clearer water. Baqua-goo hides everywhere. Which reminds me to again suggest brushing again. Every crack can hold baqua-goo and consume your chlorine. Ladders, lights, skimmers, and so forth. All need a good scrubbing.

pool_day_8_3pm.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.