Mountain Pond or Lagoon - any thoughts GREATLY appreciated!

kchamp

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2014
Central MA
Boy I cannot wait til this is finalized so I stop second guessing myself! We started off with an 18x36 Mountain Pond. I got nervous about the size of the shallow end. After meeting with PB, budget wise our 2 options are a 20x40 Mountain Pond or an 18x37x29 Lagoon.

We have 2 kids - 11 and 13. Mostly foresee them hanging out with their friends and some cookouts.

We have the space in our yard for either. Does anyone have any advice on why they would choose one option over the other?

THANK YOU so much!!! I was not this stressed over building our house (which my husband does not understand and frankly neither do I!).

obvoiusly, picking a pool shape is a personal decision.
Both of the pool disigns are really nice and i dont think you could go wrong with either of them.

It might help to consider some other things and think about what your vision of the end result will be.
What about the shape of your yard? Which would most compliment what is already there?
How would each be oriented in your yard and how logical would the deck area be to your back door?
What about landscaping after the pool is built? How will the Pool + Deck + lanscape best fit into your existing yard.

I would recommend to make you some paper cutouts of each pool,
then draw your backwyard on paper. Place the shape cutous into your backyard on paper and orient it every which way until you find the one that suits you and your surroundings the best.

Go with the biggest pool you can afford and fit in your back yard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.