AquaRite not generating - Power light on

MrCyJr

Apr 15, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
Power light is on...~31VDC across the red and black terminals. No other lights. Display looks good with normal readings...except for cell voltage. The relay does not click when powered on...and I noticed that the display stays on when the switch is moved from Auto to Off. Z3 (Black varistor) looks and tests good. No other noticable burn marks. Transformer coils measure in range also. (~2.8ohms). Also getting ~3.5VDC on pins 1-3 to the display board.
(I have replaced Z3 multiple times in the past when it went bad) PCB is 8 years old.

Any suggestions....before I purchase a new PCB.

Just wondering -- have you had the cell tested? I think our local Leslie's tests them for free, if you have one of their stores nearby.

I actually went ahead and replaced both the PCB and the Display on mine and it all seems to be functioning properly. I will bring the cell in to get tested now as well to make sure everything is in good working order. Just to be safe and know all my components are good. Thanks for the tip.

All the lights come on as they should now on the Aquarite.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.