Jandy Valve Actuator Trouble

Mr T

Apr 12, 2014
Florida
One of my Jandy valve actuators will not change valve positions using either my Quicktouch remote or by pressing the valve selector button on the easy touch control panel. I can change valve position by moving the valve toggle switch at the valve. Checked all wire connections and all is fine. Is this a valve problem or a problem on my circuit board?

Welcome to TFP!

If the valve moves when you use the switch on the actuator, then the valve and actuator are fine and the problem must be in the control system.

This could be a hardware or a configuration problem. If the unit is configured to think there isn't any valve, it won't try to move it. Another possibility is that the relay that switches the valve has gotten stuck/fused in one position.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

If it moves with the toggle switch, that shows it is getting power, so the actuator and wire should be fine. Sounds like either a problem with the circuit board or somehow the programming got messed up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.