Old Hayward Pump Just Gave Up the Ghost

mas956

Mar 3, 2014
Northern CA
Hey All,

I've been nursing an old 1.5 HP Hayward pump along for the 18 months I've been in this house. I've already replaced the capacitor once and anticipating the pump's ultimate demise, I bought a new Intelliflo VS still in the box. I live in CA, so hopefully the economics work out.

At any rate, I have been a good BBB/TFP follower and prior to my pump dying today, my water chemistry was perfect.

I am in the process of re-doing (in my head for the moment) my equipment pad to accommodate a new gas heater and stenner pump/tank combo. Still in the process of getting all the equipment in and it will likely be 2+ weeks before I can get it all installed. So,

Should I try and hook up the Intelliflo temporarily for the sake of maintaining a well-balanced pool or is it okay to let the water stagnate a couple of weeks while I get everything in order?

Thanks for the quick reply, Jason. The challenge is that all the plumbing will have to be re-done as the heater needs to be where the filter is now, etc, etc. I suppose setting it up temporarily will let me calibrate my PVC routing skills.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.