Cracks in pool deck

Aug 27, 2013
I have few cracks in pool deck and near skimmer. See the pictures below:
Should I be concerned? Can I do something (DIY) to fix it?

More pictures in next post..

Attachments

• Pic-1.jpg
    Pic-1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 184
  • Pic-2.jpg
    Pic-2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Pic-3.jpg
    Pic-3.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 179
Hey, Welcome to TFP :wave:

I'm not the best at telling you how to repair it, but I wouldn't be overly concerned. Not sure where I got it but I always remember it.

Concrete comes with two guarantees: It will crack, and it won't be stolen. :lol:

Hopefully someone will advise you on a possible repair option soon.

Yup, concrete will crack, and it wont be stolen! haha...

Depending on your location is important in deciding when to repair it. If you are in a freezing climate, you need to do it before next winter. Otherwise, water can seep in and under and freeze and cause even more and worse cracking.

Also in freezing climate or not the cracks will fill with dirt and weeds will start growing out of them.

There are several products on the market for fixing cracks. It's not hard to do at all. Easy DIY. Sikaflex is self leveling caulk from Home Depot that works well. (have a few rags at the ready, because it can get drippy). It comes in a few color choices, usually sandstone, grey, and brown are on the shelf. It's good stuff!

For the narrrow cracks, poke a very skinny not bigger than 1/16 inch hole through the end of the applicator if you are using self levling caulk. When you start squeezing the caulk out, keep steady and keep the caulk gun moving slowly, dont stop if you can help it. If you have to stop, then have a rag ready and move the caulk gun from concrete to the rag as fast as you can.

There are quite a few youtube videos on how to fix cracks with caulk. Those I'm sure would be helpful too.

hope this helps,

http://www.amazon.com/Ez-Patch-Kool...id=1396923306&sr=8-1&keywords=repair+kooldeck

I had a couple of hairline cracks - no biggie. Used the above and when color matched, you can't tell they existed. Haven't returned. I'll address hairlines as they arise. Sikaflex is food stuff but very challenging to use for hairline cracks - can be a bit messy IMHO.

for the crack in the grout line, use grout. If it returns, you'll need to use sikaflex.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.