Ready.....Set.......Build!

Thanks guys, I agree no need to be rude. The guys were here tiling today, finished the bond beam wall, and a little more than half of the waterline. He told me to think about a grout color, he suggested delorean grey. We're leaning toward that color. I also was told that the permits for the patio were approved.

Well the tile was finished Monday, not sure when they are going to grout. Going with delorean gray for the grout color. PB still hasn't got the extra pieces of coping needed to finish the steps off. No progress on the patio at all. Oh and my A/C guy hasn't showed up as of yet today to move the A/C units. Feels like everyone is dragging their feet. Talked briefly with the PB today to get timelines on some things. Said he should have better answers this afternoon when he finds out when the additional coping comes in. We'll see I guess.

Basically in the last two weeks all they have done is tiled, but haven't finished the grout for that yet. Hopefully framing for the decking and footings for the patio get done this week.

As I type A/C guy called and said he's running behind today and will be here in an hour.

Had a civil yet stern talk with the PB yesterday. He didn't really say much, not much for him to say really. But the guys are out in full force today, I'll post pics later on what they get done. Had a bunch of dirt delivered to start grading, so he can frame for decking.

Ok, some progress today. Filled in all the trenches and put down base sand for the concrete. Also, received some missing coping pieces to finish off the steps which in turned allowed them to put some remaining tile and grout. Hopefully this isn't a one day flash of work like it has been lately. Here are some pics, sorry the lighting wasn't the greatest but you get the idea of the work done. Hopefully they'll be back in full force on Monday.

Oh, and a little delay in moving the A/C. Mainly due to me being a little indecisive and weighing a couple options on moving it and the cost of those options.

This is going to be one beautiful pool when complete!

Thanks Casey. Still slowly progressing, workers have been by more than usual but not as much as I would like. The A/C units are being moved from the back of the house to the side of the house as we speak, and the footers for the patio are finally being dug. They did some of the framing for the cement work earlier this week too.

Here are some pics, not much progress but you can see the steps take shape at the least.

If you can see the orange line that's where the end of the patio will be.

Oh yeah, cleared a lot of trash out of this corner too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You were right jjwalker, I had some kind of color filter accidentally selected on the phone. So here are some better pics, including the moved a/c unit. You can see where they were and where they moved them. Using the flashing instead of re running all of the electric and copper saved a bundle, figure we can eventually build a bar in front of that to hide it.

After a strongly worded voicemail and not actually ever talking to the PB, the guys are magically back to work today. Let's see what gets done today. These guys do good work, but I have to stay on top of them way to much for my liking.

They are busting up a little concrete that needed to be removed and will supposedly run a gas line and electrical for the patio. We'll see what actually gets done, since this should have been done about 2 weeks ago.

Ok, haven't updated much this past week. They have been at the house more than usual, the forms for the cement are in place and the rebar reinforcement except for a little section, that should get done tomorrow. I think they were short a little rebar.

Passed inspection today for the footers and the underground run of gas and electric for the patio. So supposed to pour the decking and patio cement on Wednesday and then about 2 weeks to finish the patio and plaster the pool is last. So we'll see if they keep their timeline, because I'm scheduling my painter for the house this week.

Here are the pics.

Stubbed electrical and gas at one of the footers.

Formed up and reinforced.

So we have progress. They poured the decking and patio today. Construction on the patio structure should start tomorrow. The color of the concrete is a little dark but should lighten up as it cures.

You can see the steps where the travertine will continue across, and tile under it.

Ok, the patio is going up! After lumber was delivered midday yesterday, they started construction. They were here all day today, too. Hopeful these guys will be here everyday till the patio is done, so the pool can finally get plastered and I can put water in it. Fingers crossed that we'll be swimming in 2 weeks (give or take a couple days).

Also had my french doors delivered today. They'll be replacing the sliding door. I'm waiting until all other construction is done to install them. Don't want them accidentally damaged.

Of course the pics.

Views from the back deck.

View looking from the sliding door. Where the french doors will eventually be.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.