Swamp conversion ... now safe?

Viking

Mar 22, 2014
FL
Post split by moderator from HERE. Please start your own thread with your own questions. Thanks, jblizzle

Don't want to distract too much from the original conversation, but this is the closest thread I've found for this. So pool was recently pretty much a pond. It was the worst shade of green and filled with a crazy amount of debris and leaves. After a lot of work, it now seems like I'm almost ready to go...visually looks good,clear etc and balanced. BUT, the pool literally went nearly 2 years without any attention...like zero :(. Is there any additional precautions I should take or do I need to be concerned about what could still be "living" in the pool? (I live in north florida, so it's warm and not sure of I should be concerned about any bacteria, pathogens, amoeba naegleria fowleri etc.)

So I didn't get my FAS/DPD chlorine test until pretty late in the game. My pool is now close to 100% clear. Previous to that I was relying on my hardware store testing an my own Taylor DPD kit. So, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and properly shock or SLAM my pool at this point...for the sake of ensuring any lingering bacteria/pathogens

I would suggest at a minimum boosting the FC level to around 10ppm (at least) and then doing the OCLT. If you pass and the CC are not high, and the water is clear ... then you are good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.