Help with Spa filter

ARSayeed

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2013
Dove Canyon, CA
My spa has been open all winter and about a couple of months ago (December), I noticed water leaking from the bulkhead fitting of the spa filter. I called my local pool company and they came out and replaced the bulkhead fitting with another fitting - not the same as before (see picture). The spa has been running fine since then.

Last night, I checked the spa as I usually do and it was completely empty (pic attached). I went out to check the equipment and the black rubber area of the fitting had ripped and all the water flowed out. The pool company that replaced it is saying that the part for that is hard to find. If it can be ordered, it may take weeks to come in and they will winterized in the meantime. Or do I want to just replace the entire filter for $500-600.

The part that has me freaked out is that the temperatures were in the mid 20's last night and are supposed to be that low for the next couple of nights. I'm very concerned that the lines may freeze. The water temp before the leak was 104'.

Any suggestions on pool supply companies that may carry this part or any other suggestions??

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry...couldn't get the pictures to upload. I think the size of the pics is too large

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.