MoCity Pool Build (formerly Pool dig / depth questions)

We got some of our yard back. The landscape crew came by before the pool was finished, and we finally got some green around the deck. No one was any happier than our dog seemed to be!
IMG_0724.jpg

We seem to be close, the PB says they'll probably clean the pool tomorrow and pour plaster on Saturday. It's good that we're close. We must be, as we seem to be completely out of money!
IMG_6985.jpg

Still a few fixes to be done to the waterfall ... but starting to see how the landscaping can sure help ...
IMG_6995.jpg

IMG_6994.jpg

They've wired in the lights ...
IMG_6983.jpg

Most of the equipment is in and ready ...
IMG_6987.jpg

So are we!
IMG_6996.jpg

Wish us luck with the weather and plaster crew availability!

Yes, we are putting in a SWG.

I'm a newbie, here, but I think the stack you're asking about is the blower pipe.

I've read so many others post on this forum about waiting out the last few days of the pool building process, and the frustration involved as you know you're SO CLOSE, but just not quite there, yet. Now it's our turn ...

The plastering didn't happen on Saturday. Now, we're told it'll be tomorrow (Monday), but who knows? I guess we're racing the rain with Tropical Storm Edouard, now. Yet another wait and see game ...

Anyone know about pebble applications? (Wet Edge in this case)...What will the chances of rain coming in tomorrow evening do to the application process? Will they need to have dry weather for plastering? Or can they go ahead (we have a 30% chance of iso t-storms tomorrow evening). Tuesday mid-day has more possibility for heavier rains (when I assume they'd be trying to acid wash it) Thoughts? Obviously, we've waited long enough, we can wait if need be. And we want it to be done right. Just don't know what "right" is!

Thanks, Mermaid Queen. We're very happy with it, but we'd REALLY like to see it with some water in it. The last time the pool area physically changed was about two weeks ago when we finished up the flagstone rock on the raised deck area.

We've heard "tomorrow is plaster" 5 out of the last 8 days, I think. My optimism is being tested ... But, tomorrow morning, we'll be getting up early, I suppose, cruising by the front window every few minutes to see if the crews have pulled up, yet!

I know that the storms created some havoc here in Texas, but ...

Anyway, that's my rant ... And now I hope to have some new pix to show you by Sunday. IF tomorrow is plaster, then Saturday will be acid wash & fill ... IF tomorrow is plaster ... IF tomorrow is plaster ... If tomorrow ... ... ... :roll:

Not that I'm counting, but 49 days after the first bit of dirt got moved, we've been plastered!
IMG_7097.jpg

Woke up this morning to the wonderful sound of the dog barking as the plaster crew arrived. Usually, we hate the early morning arrivals, but today ... :lol:
IMG_7120.jpg

They were done by 10:30 or so, and said they'd be back after 2pm to do the acid wash. I thought it was a day later, but ...
IMG_7168.jpg

Anyway, can't wait!

landmark - Your day is coming soon!

To everyone here, thanks for all the help and encouragement ... I'm not going away, as I'm sure my questions are really just starting!

We promised to post the progress here. But we've been busy enjoying our pool!

We've been swimming since the pool was filled on the 10th of August.
IMG_7329.jpg

It's been a slow process. We've learned a lot, and have received lots of great advice & wonderful support here. It was really, really appreciated. I spent SO MANY nights on this site trying to find answers to questions I had along the way. In fact, many times I was just looking for the right questions to ask. I'm sure I really frustrated the PB due to a few changes we made along the way BECAUSE OF things we learned here. Oh well ... We're enjoying.
IMG_7330.jpg

When I get a chance, I'll post a few pics of the pool at night.

Thanks again, ya'll!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Absolutely beautiful!!!! I see that you've had quite a time with your build, but it all seems worth it now, doesn't it? We've had our pool for a year and I still sigh with pleasure when I look out my back door. It really does create an oasis in your yard---your own little piece of heaven. Oh, and your boys are adorable. ENJOY!

Landmark - We chose WetEdge Satin Matrix, Costa Azul. Looks fairly close to your WetEdge Pearl Matrix.

tcab - Yeah, it has made a huge difference in the feel of the whole yard. It's like a whole other room ... hard to imagine that we'd ever spend ANY time outside in Houston during the summer - (which is about 8 months long, here!) - especially in August. But we've been enjoying coffee, breakfast occasionally, some dinners, etc outside. Glad to hear you're still enjoying yours. And, thanks for the compliments on the boys ... they don't seem to mind having a place to burn off some energy:
IMG_0805.jpg

This is about all that we see of them lately. They have been eating and sleeping MUCH better this month!
IMG_7320.jpg

Butterfly, this is the best I have so far.
IMG_7450.jpg

I'll try a dusk shot eventually ... these are pretty dark.
IMG_7454.jpg

Congratulations, that is one of the most beautiful pools/settings I've seen in awhile. Your colors and stone go so well and your landscaping is gorgeous! May it all bring you and your family much happiness!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.