Pool / Yard ratio Survey?

What percentage of your back yard does your pool including decking consume?

• Total voters

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
I was wondering what is the typical amount of back yards taken up by pool, including deck? Plus I wanted to play with the new poll option

So here is the question, how much space does your pool take up: extra points for giving idea of yard size and setting (urban, suburban, large city, small city, etc.)

I like these kinds of things.

I expect my pool and patio take up maybe 35% of my backyard.
The pool is 30x15. The deck is 4 feet all around with new patio. Deck and Patio combined are about 900 ish sq ft.

My backyard which is currently undergoing the preparation for new lawn is pretty big by todays in town yard size standards. (Population about 80K)

My backyard is about 130 feet wide x about 80 ft deep. I have plenty of lawn left for a game of catch and a few ground balls, some post routes and wide outs, volleyball or some high jumping and pole vaulting! I even am considering building a sand trap on the west end since I seem to end up in them so much. :hammer:

The size of the backyard is one of the reasons I bought this house. LOVE it!

We have an acre and a half and I would say about an acre is the back yard. My pool is small and we could fit a whole bunch more of them in the yard. We bought it just to get us till we built a permanent one. The plan was to build last year and life kind of changed it. But after looking at many pictures here I have decided to just to wait till I can afford to build a bigger one!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.