How to prevent Bubbles in Cat 2000 flow cell

Masspools

In The Industry
Jan 22, 2013
Cambridge Massachusetts
Hi All
I am working on a commercial pool that uses a CAT 2000 controller along with a flow cell, flow sensor and PH and ORP probes. The flow cell is building up a lot of bubbles, as I can see them coming in, making the sensors useless. The hose that feeds the flow cell is attached directly after the pump at an elbow. I don't know if there is a leak on the suction line causing the pump to produce the bubbles going into the tube. Where else can I place this line along the piping system where the water will flow through it. I tried placing it on the return line but it would not push water through the tube. Any help as to how I can stop the bubbles from going in the tube or replacement of the tube along the lines.

I am not familiar with commercial, or if your pump is ever off, but can you use (automated) valves to bypass that unit for the couple minutes after the pump turns on? I do that with my solar system.

Theory being...most air enters and goes through the system when the pump is initially switched on. Once the air is flushed out of the system, activate flow to this device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.