Spa air intake valve

novca

Aug 20, 2009
SF Bay Area
The venturi air intake valve for my in-ground spa is this late-1970s Hayward ball valve on a 1.5" PVC pipe. This is the sole air intake for the 3 jets in the spa. I need to replace it because the ball is worn and it won't completely shut off the air.

The spa air intake valves I've seen at online stores are all for smaller diameter pipes. The 1.5" PVC ball valves I've seen at Home Depot or equivalent are very stiff to operate and seem like they might not even last one season due to cheap construction.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a valve to use here? A $40 Jandy NeverLube valve seems like overkill, but a cheap plastic ball valve seems prone to failure.

Thanks.
-Geoff

If you go to an irrigation supply house they will have a better one than the big box store. A Spear or other comparable brand.

Personally, that's what I would do if I didn't want to spend the extra on a Jandy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.