I want opinions on upgrade to automation and swg

scoop302

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 22, 2013
west palm beach, fl
I recently upgraded to a 2 speed super flow and have to manually switch the speeds. I also am in the process of replacing the skimmer basket as it was leaking, and I still have to install the hayward star-clear filter, plus I think one of my valves is leaking. I am interested in putting in a SWG and would like to also control the pump to start in high and after about an hour switch down to low for the next six hours. I am usually not home in the day when the equipment is running, so I am not able to manually switch the motor. I don't need a remote, don't have any water features, have 1 light in the pool, and no spa. I would like to see what you guys think. Since I have to do all this work, now is the time to add the additional equipment. A pool repair guy said that while I have the skimmer out and the water level low, to install a dedicated line for the barracuda instead of using it out of the skimmer. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

One option would be a separate SWG and then a second timer to control the pump speed. The dedicated suction for a cleaner would be a nice feature as then you could still maintain some skimming while the cleaner is running. If you did this, you may want an automation system that could control the valve for the cleaner for a short time each day.

The Hayward AquaPlus includes the SWG and would do everything you need. Although I am sure there are other options as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.