New Build in Buckeye AZ

Sorry about your builder problems, but at least it looks beautiful. I'm in AZ as well, and looking to build a pool. Hearing stories about pool builders, even quality ones like Calpools, is just cementing my decision to go the DIY route and subcontract out myself. Why bother with the middleman pool builder when it looks like you might be managing and checking the subs work yourself already? Just gotta make sure to find some reputable subs!

Buckeye - I feel I am reliving your pool build....and it does seem pretty common on this forum. A friend just asked me if you had a choice to build a pool or buy a home with a pool (other than for economic reasons) - what would you do. Buy a home, buy a home, buy a home. I am hoping that when the pool is done, I will forget all about the journey (except when I come back and re-read my thread) and enjoy the beautiful outcome. Which by the way, your pool is beautiful. I'm glad you were able to keep it on track - tell your wife - it absolutely has a resort feel. (Bob's wife - Karen)

thanks, I was looking at your build thread too. There are things that will bother her forever; the glass tile comes in big "square" sections, and they didn't stagger those the same way you'd stagger a cinder block wall. And in spots along the edge there are clusters of the same repeating pattern. Stuff like that.
Also, the glass tiles are cracking, probably due to the intense heat. Then, you splash the wall a bit, and crack!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.