Heat pump can't/won't be controlled by automation

tdrum1

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2010
Indialantic, FL
After 3.5 years seems the pool is finally "almost" there. Both actuators have been replaced, lights replaced, pump replaced, heat pump serviced etc. I originally posted way back when the renovation started complete with pics and then just got disenchanted with everything and stopped. Well we have finally moved in and now I am taking an active and personal interest in everything about this house especially the pool.
So, here is my quandry - Rome Industries Inc TI 130 heat pump (yes I know they went out of business) can't be turned on or off by the Pentair Easy Touch 8 control panel or the indoor wall panel.
I have had the service folks out twice, replaced the sensor did all kinds of diags and they tell me it is fine that I just have to control the heat pump manually whaaaaa!!
I spend Sunday tearing open everything and following the wiring diagrams for heater and Easy but it all looks OK. An electrician I know said the board was fried but the HVAC guys say no.
Does anybody have any idea what I'm talking about or am I just spitting in the wind here??
Any help or advice would be awesome - Thanks!:drown:

I'm not familiar with that specific model. Still, two general possibilities come to mind. One, there might be some special front panel setting on the heater required to enable remote control of the heat pump. Two, the wire between the automation system and the heat pump could be either broken or shorted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.