Please help with my decision on a pump

You can try to use Mark's (mas985) spreadsheet and data from your existing pump to get an estimate. Figuring this out of not a simple task.

I'll have to check it out...where would I find that, simply search mas985?

- - - Updated - - -

How much do you plan on using the heater ?

Well...I'm sure it'll run alot in the early and late season....and hopefully not need it as much during the hotter part of the summer...my pool will have direct sun almost all day and will always be covered with a solar blanket when not in use...

- - - Updated - - -

Heaters are more efficient running at hi vice low speed. Some units allow you to adjust the pressure/flow switch on the heater unit. It may take trial and error.

Thanks for the input....I appreciate all the advice I can get! Havent seen anything in the research I've done about the 2 heat pumps I'm currently looking at (about adjusting the pressure/flow on the heater), but I'll keep looking.

I have the Hayward Power Matrix 2 speed 1HP pump. At low speed the flow is fine for my heat pump. If I also send water to the solar panels then I am on the border with respect to flow rates. This would be at low speed. If I start the pump off at full, turn solar on and then switch to 1/2 speed it almost all works ( heat pump, solar, but not salt). Remove solar and then at half speed both salt and heat pump work. Really nice pump but I miss self priming and it is noisy at full speed ( well no worse then others but it is silent at 1/2 speed).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.