Please help me pick an installer from these two bids

Jul 27, 2012
Austin, TX
Hi,

I got one bid from a pebble sheen installer and another from wet edge (satin matrix) installer. Both installers recommend total strip of old plaster because it has been out of water for a long time. Both companies are reputable. Here are the differences between the two installers:

Pebble Sheen:
1. Want to replace the two chipped SPA drains (seen in the photos). We are talking about drain casing in the gunite in addition to the cover.
2. Keep the existing main drain. They said it is an old pool, so we can grandfather it.
3. After stripping, they want to put a bond coat before applying the pebble
4. 10 year warranty
5. invoice is very detailed

Wet Edge:
1. They will keep the existing SPA drains. They will use extenders when replacing the SPA drain covers.
2. They want to split the main drain into two drains in order to meet the code.
3. No bond coat after total strip
4. 15 year warranty
5. Invoice is very brief

Please give me some advice on how to pick from these two installers. Thanks.

Choose the WE guy and ask for a bond coat if that is important to you. Seems like a Ford/Chevy argument when I have asked. If you go with PT guy, I would suggest a Vacuum release pump. Grandfather or not, it could save someone's life. His attitude toward safety sounds a bit cavalier if you ask me.

If they leave any little bit of plaster for sure bonding coat. In Texas you are grandfathered in since it's older just covers need to brought to code. I have seen Pebble a Sheen stand behind protect 10 years later no questions asked. You need to go look at both products installed and compare quality of finish product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.