New Equipment Recommendations

Sean31

May 1, 2013
Current System:
Pool size is about 13k gallons
Generic 1.5HP Pump
Hayward C1200 Filter (120 sq ft)
Solar Heating (7 panels)
Barracuda G3 Pool Cleaner (which I currently let run whenever we are not in the pool)
Pool Features: Waterfall

I added the solar earlier this year, but the rest of the system needs to be replaced. Various leaks have been patched up repeatedly, and I would like to add a SWG.

I currently have a service taking care of the chemicals and filter cleaning, but I am going to start doing it myself once I add the new equipment. My main motivation is to save money in the long run and make pool maintenance as easy as possible. I'm fine with spending a little more up front if it will either save me money in the long run or save me time having to worry about the pool.

Here is the equipment that I'm considering:

Pentair IntelliFlo VS
Pentair IC40 SWG
Pentair Clean and Clear CC200 (200 sq ft)

1) I am leaning towards a variable speed pump, but will I get enough benefit out of it if I have to crank it up a little bit for the solar/pool cleaner/waterfall?

2a) I am looking to add the SWG mainly because of skin issues that my wife and son have. Additionally, I've heard that it makes maintenance a little easier since you don't have to add as much chlorine.
2b) I've read to get one size more than you need on the SWGs, so am I right to go with the IC40 here?

Thoughts/recommendations? Thanks!

-Sean

It is hard to say about the variable speed pump without knowing your electrical rates, available tax incentives, etc. One thing I would add to the list if you don't already have one is a solar controller which will only allow flow to the panels when there is heat available, and will cut off flow / pump when they would be radiating heat, such as at night or when raining, etc.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.