Help with choosing new pump/filter for next season

May 14, 2013
We got through last year using the equipment the homes previous owners left. A 2hp 1 speed doughboy pump and sand filter. I know for our approximately 18k gallon pool the pump is way oversized. I was looking at the pentair matrix 3/4 HP 2 speed pump. I'm hoping for an 8 hour turnover.

The pool is a 28' ag with deep center, a center main drain, return and skimmer within 5 feet of the equipment pad. I'm having trouble finding the curve chart for that pump on low speed and understanding the math to pick out a good sand filter.

Most all sand filters have a gpm rating that is pretty helpful. If you have found the curve for the proposed pump on high, simply take that gpm the pump will give you and add about 25% to that for the gpm of your sand filter.

It doesn't have to be exactly 25% but close to that number will be fine with bigger being a bit better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.