Pool deck coverings

Mar 28, 2013
I have a situation here that I could use some advice on. My indoor pool is aprox. 5 years old and for the last 3 I have had issues with the pool deck covering bubbling and ultimately cracking leaving bare spots on my deck which are unsightly to say the least. The company who did the covering tells me that the original concrete was of an improper mixture causing their product to not adhere properly. Their solution is to strip their product, shave at least 1/4" of the top layer of concrete, reapply a proper mixture of concrete then reapply their product. On one hand that sounds reasonable but the spots they repaired 6 months ago are having the same problem. Therefore I'm hesitant to go through with their plan. No assurance that it will be at the very least a long term solution. I am trying to contact a couple of competitors but this company has the market pretty much cornered around here. I would even entertain the thoughts of alternate coverings. Anyone have any opinions? Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.