Do SWG systems attract bees and wasps?

JonR77

Nov 17, 2013
We have read that SWG systems attract bees and wasps more than a traditional chlorine pool system does. We have bee allergies in our family which is why this will be an important decision for us. I've read that they are attracted to the salty taste of the water. Any advice?

I've come across the topic a few times while researching SWG systems... a quick google search found an example of a post:

http://www.homebuyerstalk.com/showthread.php?t=51351

It doesn't look like their question was answered in this post, but in this example the asker had just converted their pool to a SWG and then noticed all the bees beginning to flock to their pool. I"m not convinced that this was the reason the bees started showing up (maybe a beekeeper brought in a nearby bee hive and so it was just a coincidence).

If you don't have any problems with your SWG that is good news!

Anyone else have experience in converting a pool to a SWG and then noticing an increase in bees?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.